Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was the daughter of Lydia Perez, a merchant marine and Ismael Serano. She was born in Bushwick Brooklyn, New York City. Rosie is Puerto Rican. Rosie went to Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood, Queens, New York She then went on to enroll in Los Angeles City College in Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez was just starting her second semester of college and about to return to New York. Her friends had invited her to the opportunity to have a party to celebrate. Spike Lee offered her a part in his film Do The Right Thing (1989). She agreed. This was her first big acting role. In Peter Weir's Fearless (1993) She was the role of support Carla Rodrigo, for which she was nominated to win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Artistress. (She lost to Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993). Most of the critique I received early on in my career came coming from the Latin community. They used to take me out for lunch and say to me, "Can you go and get some lessons to improve the sound of your voice?". or, "When it's a talk show, how can you not be so funny? My voice was a constant critic. I attempted to alter my voice. I tried my best to make a change however, it was just my voice that I used to speak. My octaves dropped when I got older, thanks to God. It's now a pleasure if a sixteen-year-old comes up and begins to imitate me.Boxing is about overcoming your fears. It's about fighting for yourself. Floyd Mayweather could be punched. Straight punch in the middle of his face. He would not blink. And I'm aware of what he's doing. [Who mentioned Don Cornelius's fascination with her dancing]: Don Cornelius was not interested in watching me perform. I was performing hip-hop, which was an entirely different style from Californians. They were only aware of locking and popping, so they weren't interested in hip-hop dancing. Don was saying, "No, no, no. You're a girl. I thought "What?" This is truly bizarre. It's really bizarre.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amanda Lamb personal life

Emily Swallow

Markie Post